Wondering if Lavender Oil could help with stretch marks?
The short answer is maybe! It can help a bit but I am sure you want to know more, so here it is.
Lavender Oil is pleasant smelling oil extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant. It is a favorite among perfume makers due to its soothing and calming effect.
But the benefits of lavender oil go beyond being pleasantly perfumed. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties as well.
Benefits of Lavender Oil
- It is a powerful bug repellent. Just apply it to your skin to prevent bites or to reduce irritation due to existing bites.
- It is an excellent alternative remedy for insomnia. It has a relaxing effect on your sleep.
- It is a very good calming agent to reduce stress and anxiety
- It can help relieve muscle and joint pains when rubbed onto the affected areas
- It is very effective in treating acne
- It is a very effective cough remedy as well
But what about Lavender Oil for Stretch Marks?
While lavender oil is a popular home remedy for treating stretch marks, there is no study backing the claims. It is said to promote the growth of healthy skin to make you stretch marks go away gradually. But mind it that these are just opinions, with no medical backing.
The best we have is opinion and view of users. These range from it being no good to working great. So the best deal is to try it yourself and see if it helps.
Lavender oil has many benefits for your skin and can help you in many ways I would not raise your hopes with stretch marks. It does have a good impact on skin health and is very calming so you have nothing to lose.
To conclude, lavender oil might reduce your stretch marks to some extent but are very unlikely to remove them but you are sure to get a healthier skin so go ahead give it a try.